University of Oxford Brookes is a leading modern British university, known for its strengths in teaching, innovative approaches to learning, and its focus on employability.
We are ranked 6th in the UK for teaching (Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2022), and among the world elite in 16 individual subjects (QS, 2022).
University of Oxford Brookes has a strong global reputation for teaching.
It is pertinent to note that University of Oxford Brookes is an open university in the United Kingdom. With award-winning faculty and world-class infrastructure, the university offers the best-in-class learning experience to students.
The origin of University of Oxford Brookes dates back to 1865 as the Oxford School of Art. Located in the beautiful city of Oxford, the university is a global centre of brightest minds. The motto of the university is learning through doing.
It maintains campuses in and around the city of Oxford including Harcourt Hill, Headington, Wheatley and Swindon. The university comprises experienced and highly-qualified academicians in its faculty pool.
The school proudly boasts 11 National Teaching Fellows in its faculty members. Further, distinguished scholars and industry experts frequently come at the university to share valuable inputs.
University of Oxford Brookes offers foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate and professional programmes across disciplines.
The various schools and departments of the university include School of Arts, Oxford Brookes Business School, Oxford School of Hospitality Management, Department of Biological & Medical Sciences, Department of Psychology, Health & Professional Development, Department of Sport, Health Sciences & Social Work, Oxford School of Nursing & Midwifery, School of Education, Department of English & Modern Languages, School of Engineering, Computing & Mathematics, School of History, Philosophy & Culture, School of Law, Institute of Public Care, Department of Social Sciences, School of Architecture and School of the Built Environment.
University of Oxford Brookes has designed a learning system that enables students to learn beyond classrooms. Students are sent to industrial workshops for hands-on training and for the purpose of making them aware of the real-world work environments.
Further, skill development programmes are undertaken at the university to make students acquiescent to cutting-edge technologies. The university maintains a placement assistance department for expediting the recruitment process of students.
It has collaborated with the leading companies of the world for placements including Microsoft, IBM, BMW, KPMG and Virgin Atlantic.
University of Oxford Brookes is a globally renowned centre for Research Excellence. The university has established specialized research strengths for world-leading research. It has partnered with Government agencies and the industry for technology transfer and research initiatives.
Notably, the university receives research grants from the UK Government and the European Commission. Oxford Brookes is a university of global outreach. Students across the world come to study at the university to pursue their dream careers.
The University of Oxford Brookes has collaborated with more than 100 reputed universities across the globe for carrying out student exchange and study abroad programmes.
There are four main faculties at Oxford Brookes:
- Oxford Brookes Business School
- Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment
University Of Oxford Brookes welcomes students from over 140 countries, and we are proud of our diverse, inclusive community.
Oxford Brookes offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses designed to stimulate and inspire. In addition, the University offers a guaranteed place on an Oxford Brookes University bachelor’s degree if you pass an international foundation programme with the appropriate grades.
Oxford is a great place to be a student – rich in heritage yet focused on the present day with a vibrant, cosmopolitan atmosphere. The University have a long-standing reputation for employability and are host to two national centres of excellence in teaching and learning.
Oxford Brookes University Services for International Students
University of Oxford Brookes offers free English language support including academic writing and critical reading skills. At the beginning of term, there is an arrival weekend for international students, featuring campus and city tours.
During term, the International Student Advisory Team can assist students with specific issues such as visas or employment laws alongside the standard personal support service.
Applying to study at university can be a daunting process, particularly if you are doing it for the first time.
University of Oxford Brookes try to make the admission process straightforward for students. If you are a prospective undergraduate student then you are at the right place, so let’s proceed.
University of Oxford Brookes take you through the timings for applying depending on your course start date, how to apply through UCAS, entry requirements, late applications and where you can go to ask questions.
Likewise, if you are considering postgraduate study our postgraduate ‘How to apply’ information pages will give you the information you need to submit your application as the process for applying is different from undergraduate.
University of Oxford Brookes Rankings
University of Oxford Brookes is one of the UK’s top 50 institutions.
Oxford Brookes University has been named as one of the top 50 young universities in the world by the QS World University Rankings – and is the only UK university to make the list.
Scholarships in Oxford Brookes University
One of the first things everyone considers when getting a master’s degree is the cost of the program. While cost is something that should be considered, you should always be aware of the options available to you when funding your degree. You can proceed to the school official website to apply for their scholarship. The Link for application will be available at the end of this well research content.
Oxford Brookes University Programs
University of Oxford Brookes offers a wide choice of undergraduate degrees. All of our courses are designed to help students gain valuable, practical skills and prepare them for employment.
Teaching and learning: Oxford Brookes has a strong global reputation for teaching. As well as being ranked second for teaching among the UK’s modern universities (Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings 2020).
Undergraduate students at University Of Oxford Brookes have lots of opportunities to gain practical skills and hands-on experience. Most courses offer either work placements, or opportunities such as working on projects for real clients or learning with a mentor.
Support: University of Oxford Brookes provides lots of support for its undergraduate students. As a student at Brookes, you will have an academic adviser to guide you during your studies.
All students can easily access study skills advice, and international students can take classes to perfect their academic English, including some credit-bearing classes. There is plenty of personal support available, too, and a dedicated International Student Advice Team (ISAT).
Department of Biological and Medical Sciences
- (BSc top-up) Animal Therapy and Rehabilitation
- BSc (top-up) Animal Behaviour and Welfare
- BSc Animal Biology and Conservation
- BSc Biological Sciences
- BSc Biological Sciences (Genetics and Genomics)
- BSc Biological Sciences (Human Biosciences)
- BSc Biological Sciences (Zoology)
- BSc Equine Science
- BSc Medical Science
- BSc Medical Science (Final Year Entry)
- MBiol Biological Sciences
Department of English and Modern Languages
- BA Drama, Theatre and Acting
- BA English Literature
- BA English Literature with Creative Writing
- BA Japanese Studies
Department of Psychology, Health and Professional Development
- BSc Paramedic Science
- BSc Professional Development in Health and Social Care
- BSc Psychology
Department of Social Sciences
- BA Anthropology
- BA Geography
- BA International Relations
- BA International Relations and Politics
- BA International Relations and Sociology (joint honours)
- BA Politics
- BA Politics and Sociology (joint honours)
- BA Social Anthropology
- BA Sociology
- BSc Anthropology
- BSc Geography
- BSc International Relations
- BSc International Relations and Sociology (joint honours)
- BSc Politics and Sociology (joint honours)
Department of Sport, Health Sciences and Social Work
- BA Social Work
- BSc Nutrition
- BSc Nutrition (Final Year Entry)
- BSc Occupational Therapy
- BSc Physical Activity and Health Promotion
- BSc Physiotherapy
- BSc Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc Sport, Coaching and Physical Education
- BSc Sports Coaching, Fitness and Rehabilitation (BSc Top-up)
- Social Work (BA Hons) Wiltshire College and University Centre
University of Oxford Brookes Joint Degrees
- BA Business Management and International Relations
- BA Business and Law
- BA Communication, Media and Culture and
- English Literature (joint honours)
- BA Communication, Media and Culture and International Relations (joint honours)
- BA Communication, Media and Culture and Politics (joint honours)
- BA Communication, Media and Culture and Sociology (joint honours)
- BA Criminology and Anthropology (joint honours)
- BA Criminology and Education Studies (joint honours)
- BA Criminology and English Literature (joint honours)
- BA Criminology and International Relations (joint honours)
- BA Criminology and Politics (joint honours)
- BA Criminology and Sociology (joint honours)
- BA Education Studies and English Literature (joint honours)
- BA Education Studies and Sociology (joint honours)
- BA English Literature and History (joint honours)
- BA English Literature and History of Art (joint honours)
- BA English Literature and Philosophy (joint honours)
- BA Geography and History (joint honours)
- BA Geography and International Relations (joint honours)
- BA History and International Relations (joint honours)
- BA History and Japanese Studies (joint honours)
- BA History and Politics (joint honours)
BA History of Art and Sociology (joint honours)
- BA International Relations and Japanese Studies (joint honours)
- BA International Relations and Philosophy (joint honours)
- BA Philosophy and Politics (joint honours)
- BA Philosophy and Sociology (joint honours)
- BSc Communication, Media and Culture and International Relations (joint honours)
- BSc Communication, Media and Culture and Politics (joint honours)
- BSc Communication, Media and Culture and Sociology (joint honours)
- BSc Criminology and Anthropology (joint honours)
- BSc Criminology and Education Studies (joint honours)
- BSc Criminology and Law
- BSc Criminology and Politics (joint honours)
- BSc Criminology and Sociology (joint honours)
- BSc Geography and International Relations (joint honours)
- BSc International Relations and Philosophy (joint honours)
- BSc Philosophy and Politics (joint honours)
- BSc Philosophy and Sociology (joint honours)
Oxford Brookes University Business School
- BA Business Management (Final Year Entry – Online)
- BA Business Management (Final Year Entry)
- BA Business and Enterprise top-up
- BA Business and Marketing Management
- BA Business and Marketing Management (Final Year Entry)
- BA Economics, Politics and International Relations
- BA International Business (Final Year Entry)
- BA Marketing Management
- BA Marketing and Events Management
- BSc Accounting and Economics
Oxford School of Nursing and Midwifery
- BSc Midwifery
- BSc Midwifery 2nd Registration
- BSc Nursing (Adult)
- BSc Nursing (Children’s)
- BSc Nursing (Mental Health)
- MSci Nursing (Adult and Mental Health)
Oxford Brookes School of Arts
- BA Digital Media Production
- BA Film
- BA Fine Art
- BA Graphic Design
- BA Illustration
- BA Media, Journalism and Publishing
- BA Music
- BA Photography
- BSc Digital Media Production
Oxford Brookes School of Education
- BA Early Childhood Studies
- BA Early Childhood Studies (final year entry)
- BA Education Studies
- BA Education Studies: SEN, Disabilities and Inclusion
- BA Primary Teacher Education (Campus-Based)
- Early Childhood Studies (BA top-up)
- Education and Lifelong Learning (BA top-up)
Oxford Brookes School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics
- BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering Top up
- BEng Automotive Engineering with Electric Vehicles
- BEng Mechanical Engineering
- BEng Mechanical Engineering Design
- BEng Mechanical Engineering Design (BEng top-up)
- BEng Motorsport Engineering
- BEng Motorsport Engineering (1 Year)
- BEng Motorsport Technology
- BSc Artificial Intelligence
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science for Cyber Security
- BSc Information Technology for Business
- BSc Information Technology for Business (Final Year Entry)
- BSc Mathematics
- Computing – BSc (Hons) (Final Year Entry)
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering BEng
- Electronic Engineering BEng top-up
- MEng Automotive Engineering with Electric Vehicles
- MEng Mechanical Engineering
- MEng Motorsport Engineering
- MSci Artificial Intelligence
- Robotic Engineering BEng
- Robotic Engineering MEng (including sandwich year)
School of History, Philosophy and Culture
- BA Communication, Media and Culture
- BA Criminology and History (joint honours)
- BA History
- BA History and History of Art (joint honours)
- BA History of Art
- BA Philosophy
- BSc Criminology
School of Law
- LLB Law
- LLB Law (final year entry)
School of the Built Environment
- BA Urban Design, Planning and Development
- BSc Building Surveying
- BSc Construction Project Management
- BSc Property Development and Planning
- BSc Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management
- BSc Real Estate
The Oxford School of Hospitality Management
- BSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management
Is Oxford Brookes the same as Oxford University?
Answer: No. Oxford Brookes University is different from the University of Oxford. Oxford Brookes (formerly known as Oxford Polytechnic) is a public university that received university status through the Further and Higher Education Act 1992. Its origins lie in the mid-1860s when it was founded as the Oxford School of Art.
Is Oxford Brookes a good university?
Answer: Oxford Brookes has a global reputation for its quality of teaching which was also recognised in the latest QS World University Rankings by Subject. As per the 2019 QS rankings, Oxford Brookes is ranked amongst the “world’s top universities” in 12 subjects. As per the 2021 QS Rankings, the universities was placed at #383 among world universities.
Among UK universities, it constantly ranks in the top 50 UK universities.
What is Oxford Brookes famous for?
Answer: Oxford Brooked is famous for programmes in Accounting and Finance, Architecture and Built Environment, and Biological Sciences. Its Politics and Business degrees are also quite popular with excellent employment potential.
What is the acceptance rate for Oxford Brookes University?
Answer: University of Oxford Brookes has a low acceptance rate of around 21-24%. Not only does it gets thousands of applications each intake, but the university is selective in its review process as well. Thus, the acceptance rate is low.
Does Oxford Brookes University offer conditional admissions?
Answer: Yes. Oxford Brooke offers conditional admissions.
Does Oxford Brookes University need English language proficiency?
Yes. International applicants need to submit any one of these English proficiency test scores: TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or Cambridge Tests.
Does Oxford Brookes offer scholarships to international students?
Yes, it does. However, the options are limited. Check out what kind of scholarships and financial aids are available for international students at Oxford Brookes here.
How long does it take to get a CAS letter from Oxford Brookes University?
The university usually releases a CAS letter within 5-10 working days if your application conditions are met, you have accepted the offer, and filled the CAS request form along with payment of tuition. Post this, you can file for your UK student visa.
If you have any question concerning University of Oxford Brookes admission and how to go about it, kindly use the comment section below as schoolblog team will be available to answer all your questions. Cheers!
YOU MAY LIKE: