Bank Street College of Education is a private school and graduate school in New York City. It consists of a graduate-only teacher training college and an independent nursery-through-8th-grade school.
In 2020 the graduate school had about 65 full-time teaching staff and approximately 850 students, of which 87% were female.
For more than a century, Bank Street College has led the charge to place students’ needs at the center of practice and policy in the field of education.
Since our beginnings in 1916, Bank Street has been at the forefront of understanding how children learn and grow. From schools and museums to early childhood centers and hospital settings, Bank Street College of Education has built its reputation on the simple fact that their graduates, educators, and leaders know how to do the work that is right for children.
Today, Bank Street College of Education is an innovator in improving the quality of classroom practice and a national advocate for children, families, and the system and policy changes that bring effective and equitable teaching to all.
At the Graduate School of Education, their teacher and leader preparation programs combine the study of human development, learning theory, and sustained clinical practice to produce well-prepared educators ready to help students flourish.
Bank Street College of Education Children’s Programs for children from birth to high school graduation foster all facets of human intelligence—academic, social, and emotional—so students can thrive in school and succeed in life.
In the Bank Street Education Center, they support and influence positive learning outcomes for students, educators, and communities every day nationwide through research, direct work with schools and communities, and strategic partnerships.
Academics Programs Offered in Bank Street College of Education
Bank Street College of Education offer a rigorous, humanistic foundation for educators with a focus on making learning vital, active, and creative.
Grad student with teacher Bank Street’s Graduate School of Education was founded in the tradition of progressive education. Bank Street College of Education are committed to learner-centered education based on sound developmental principles.
Bank Street College of Education master’s programs integrate direct experience with children, teachers, and families. They offer opportunities to explore and examine theory, observe learning in action, and reflect on your own learning.
Their graduate programs prepare educators for professional work in schools, museums, hospitals, and community organizations.
Bank Street College of Education degree programs lead to a Master of Science (MS), Master of Science in Education (MSEd), or advanced Master of Education (EdM).
All programs are registered with the New York State Education Department and most lead to New York State certification.
Programs Offered in Bank Street College of Education
- Adolescent Mathematics Education
- Bilingual Extension Certificate
- Child Life (Online)
- Child Life Advanced Standing (Online)
- Childhood General Education
- Childhood Special and General Education
- Dual Certification (On Campus or Online)
- Childhood Special and General Education
- Dual Certification/Dual degree with Columbia School of Social Work
- Childhood Special Education (On Campus or Online)
- Childhood Special Education Advanced Certificate
- Childhood Special Education/Dual degree with Columbia School of Social Work
- Cross-Age: Early Childhood and Childhood General Education
- District 13 Residency Program in Childhood General and Special Education
- Dual Language / Bilingual Childhood General Education
- Dual Language / Bilingual Childhood Special and General Education
- Dual Language / Bilingual Childhood Special Education
- Dual Language / Bilingual Early Childhood General Education
- Dual Language / Bilingual Early Childhood Special and General Education
- Dual Language / Bilingual Early Childhood Special Education
- Early Childhood General Education
- Early Childhood General Education Advanced Standing
- Early Childhood Leadership Advanced Certificate (Online)
- Early Childhood Special and General Education Dual Certification (On Campus or Online)
- Early Childhood Special and General Education Dual Certification/Dual Degree with Columbia University School of Social Work
- Early Childhood Special Education (On Campus or Online)
- Early Childhood Special Education Advanced Certificate
- Early Childhood Special Education/Dual Degree with Columbia University School of Social Work
- Future School Leaders Academy
- Infant and Family Development and Early Intervention (Non-certification)
- Infant and Family Development and Early Intervention/Dual degree with Hunter College School of Social Work
- Infant and Family Development and Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special and General Education
- Infant and Family Development and Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education
- Leadership in Mathematics Education (Online)
- Museum Studies: Learning and Engagement in Museums and Cultural Organizations
- Progressive Leadership Program (On Campus or Online)
- School District Leader (Online)
- Studies in Education
- Teacher Leader in Mathematics Education
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Advanced Certificate
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Residency Program
- Teaching Literacy Advanced Literacy Specialization
- Teaching Literacy and Childhood General Education Dual Certification
- Teaching Literacy: Classroom or Clinical Focus
- Teaching Reading and Literacy: Clinical Practice (Non-Certification)
- Teaching Students with Disabilities 7-12 Generalist
Graduate Academic Programs in Bank Street College of Education
Earn your master’s degree at Bank Street College of Education and build a rigorous and humanistic foundation for your career.
At Bank Street, you’ll learn to connect educational theories to real-world settings and build an understanding of what it takes to help children, educators, families, and communities thrive.
Bank Street College of Education teacher education programs prepare candidates to teach in general, special, and/or bilingual education settings from birth to adolescence. Bank Street College of Education leadership programs prepare students to assume leadership roles in schools, districts, museums, and more.
They also offer program options for current and aspiring child life specialists, reading and literacy specialists, museum educators, and other professionals.
Bank Street College of Education offer degree programs that prepare educators to work in a wide range of settings.
You can proceed to the school official website to learn more about their Teacher Preparation Programs, Child Life Programs, Educational Leadership Programs, and flexible Individualized Master’s Program.
Bank Street Education Center
The Bank Street Education Center disrupts inequity through system-level change to help design better educational experiences for both children and adults.
In deep collaboration with program partners—from teachers and families to policymakers and higher education leaders—the Education Center creates customized approaches that support strengths-based, learner-centered, and equitable educational practices to help all students and educators thrive in school settings.
Through their work, Bank Street College of Education are building an evidence base to inform local practice and address some of the nation’s deepest organizational challenges currently hindering effective and equitable teaching and learning for all.
Click here to access the school website and start your admission procedures. Congratulations!
Scholblog got you covered in all the admission process in case you have any question, use the comments section below. Cheers!